Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, New Outlook

New year, new outlook (or rather, a new determination to embrace a healthier outlook).  Hold the ones you love close, cherish them, every minute of every day.  Release the ones who no longer make you feel like your best self.  Life is too short to live in regret and self-condemnation.

Sometimes, people grow apart.  Not everyone is going to like you forever or at all (in fact, most people won't).  That is okay.  It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you or them.  It just means that you are meant for different things.  Be grateful for the time you had together, wish them well in their journeys and continue yours, head held high, knowing that countless adventures await you.

Love yourself, the good, the bad and everything in between.  There is only one you in the entire course of history and there only ever will be. That's pretty damn special, don't you think?


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, sweet pea! So glad you can finally comment, woo hoo! Love you!!

      Delete
  2. KarBear,

    I love you so much and really needed to read this today! And the fact that you have stood by my side and haven't left me high and dry because of me being, well, me...humanly dysfunctional and quick to jump. You understand what friendship really is and it isn't always easy being my friend but you get me. You give me openness and room to screw up and sometimes screw up big. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means so much to me, thank you!! I try to do and be the best I can but I am deeply flawed, as are we all. Love you, too!

      Delete
  3. I was friends with Jeff back when we were 15. I googled his name tonight and I am shocked to find this. I am so sorry for your loss. Jeff was one of the sweetest guys I knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you for sharing this, Jenn. Despite his many demons, he did always have a good heart.

    ReplyDelete