Monday, March 14, 2011

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Well, I will be, anyway, for the first time in years. I have orientation for my new job as a cashier at Publix this coming Saturday at 10 am. Is this where I thought I'd be at this point in my life, a scared rabbit freaking out over a part-time job? What do you think? Still, it's a step in the right direction for me. If nothing else, it will force me to leave my house, dressed in more than a t-shirt and pajama pants, and actually communicate with people without the safety net of a computer monitor running interference. A scary prospect but one that I knew I would have to face at some point. I suppose it might as well be now when we need the money more than ever. I have my fingers, toes, cats' paws and anything else I can think of crossed that Brian will find work soon, too. I know it's difficult for him that this came through for me when he's been doing everything under the sun to find a job for a year and a half. He deserves a break, so much. I really want this to happen for him, for us, as soon as possible. Until then, he will be my ever-faithful house husband, fixing me wonderful bagged lunches for work, and supporting me as always. He couldn't be happier for me and I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful life partner. *Deep breath.* Oh well, here goes.

2 comments:

  1. You will do GREAT!!!! ::hugs:: Just remember, if the orientation is at their shipping facility/packaging/store house whatever it is and they're serving spaghetti... PACK A LUNCH! lol Oh and let me know if they are still playing that beyond corny video to the tune of Alabam's "Angel's Among Us" ::hugs:: :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks Maggie, I definitely will. Orientation is going to be at the actual store I'll be working in so I'm assuming there won't be any food served (they didn't mention that when I went in today to fill out my paperwork). However, I do giggle and think of you every time I think about spaghetti now.

    ReplyDelete