Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nine Months

Today marks the nine month anniversary of the day I decided that loving myself would no longer be optional.  It is the day that, for whatever reason, I discovered my Rosetta stone, the one thing that spoke to me louder and more clearly than years of therapy, good advice or even medication ever could.  It was the day that I plain and simply decided that I had had enough.  No more wishing to be anyone but me.  No more hoping and praying for answers that would never come.  No, it was time to take my quest for happiness into my own two humble hands and hold on to it for all I was worth.

Do I still have my dark moments?  Sadly, far more than I would like.  But I also see light, more than ever before.  I am grateful to be alive.  I cherish the support of those I love who, imagine this, love me back.  I have finally realized that I...am...enough.  Nine months ago, today, I would have never dreamed any of this was possible.  Now, I am bound and determined to keep moving forward and stop looking back.

So, congratulations, it's a girl and that girl is ME...well on my way to becoming who I was meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. Applause!!! *standing up* Applause!!!
    Congratulation, my new hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, honey. That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete